Cheap flights Kuala Lumpur to Medan
Looking for a cheap flight from Kuala Lumpur to Medan (KUL-KNO)? Flights fares for Kuala Lumpur to Medan start at MYR 56.00. Find the best and cheapest tickets on this route and other relevant information.
Before you book a flight you can use Utiket to find the cheapest flights from Kuala Lumpur to Medan for MasWings, Lion Air, Garuda Indonesia, Batik Air, AirAsia, Sriwijaya Air. All flight data are real-time and accurate. Utiket finds all the best flights from Kuala Lumpur to Medan.
Flight information Kuala Lumpur to Medan
Flight time and time difference
- On average the flight time between Kuala Lumpur and Medan is about 1 hr 5 min.
- Be aware there is a time difference of 1 hours: The time in Medan is 1 hour earlier than the time in Kuala Lumpur. The timezone for Kuala Lumpur is: UTC +08:00. The local time now: 08:48:13. For Medan the timezone is: UTC +07:00 and the local time now: 07:48:13.
- There are 6 airlines flying from Kuala Lumpur to Medan.
- Weekly there are 91 flights between Kuala Lumpur to Medan.
- The earliest flight from Kuala Lumpur to Medan is at 07:30.
- The latest flight is at 23:10.
- The cheapest price for a flight from Kuala Lumpur Medan is MYR 56.00.
About Kuala Lumpur KLIA International Airport
Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) is one of Asia's largest airports with almost 50 million passengers a year. KLIA is located 50 km south of Kuala Lumpur and consists of two terminals. The main terminal building for handling passengers from the major airlines, mostly on long-haul international flight and the new KLIA2 LCC Terminal to cater specifically to the needs of the Malaysian based low-cost airline AirAsia. In May 2014 the old LCC-T was closed and all low-cost airlines moved to the new KLIA2 terminal.
There is no transfer facility, which means that if you have a flight to KLIA2 with AirAsia and a connecting flight departing from the other terminal, you would need to get your bags, clear customs, get in a bus and go through customs again at the other terminal.
About Medan Kuala Namu International Airport
The new Kuala Namu Airport of Medan replaces the old Polonia Airport and is located about 39 km from Medan city center. It was official opened on July 25, 2013 and is built on an area of approximately 1,300 acres which made it the second largest airport in land use in Indonesia after Soekarno Hatta Airport and will be the fourth busiest airport in Indonesia after Jakarta, Denpasar and Surabaya.
The international airport has a modern building design with a variety of modern facilities. Airport name is taken from the word 'Kuala' and 'Namu'. Kuala is a Malay word which refers to the place where rivers enter the sea. The word Namu is derived from the word Namo from the Karo language meaning heart. Combined Kuala Namu means Meeting Place. This name is also consistent with the location as it is nearby water (the Malacca Strait) and beaches.
Airlines with direct flights on route Kuala Lumpur - Medan?
|Iata||Airline||Flights||Minimum Price||Average Price|
See all flight departure times